The privacy of users of the website is paramount for the Tezos Foundation, Dammstrasse 16, 6300 Zug, Switzerland (“we” or “us”). We greatly appreciate the trust that you have placed in us and will do our best to protect your personal data.
We will process your personal data in accordance with the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”) and the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which is considered by many as the world’s strictest data protection regime.
Personal data is any information that relates to an identifiable natural person and includes inter alia name, address, e-mail address and user behaviour. The collection, use and disclosure (“processing”) of your personal data by us or any third-party recipient at all times will be in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Note
Our commitment to data protection rights
We are responsible for the processing of your personal data (as a “data controller” pursuant to the GDPR / FADP). In order to protect your personal data in connection with the usage of the website, we are committed to adhere to the GDPR / FADP principles below.
Every individual working for us must also adhere to these principles in performing his or her day-to-day duties. We will therefore make sure that your personal data is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (lawfulness, fairness and transparency);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (purpose limitation);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed (data minimisation);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step will be taken to ensure that your personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay (accuracy);
- kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which personal data is processed (storage limitation); and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of your personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage using appropriate technical or organisational measures (integrity and confidentiality).
The controller of your personal data is the Tezos Foundation. If you have any question, you can reach out to
Disclosure and transfer of your personal data
We will not share any of your personal data with any government authorities, except in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. If we receive a request to disclose your personal data to a government authority, we will thoroughly assess the request and will in particular consider possible legal challenges against such request. We will only comply with any such request that is binding, enforceable and issued in full compliance with applicable law.
We disclose your personal data to IT and other third-party service providers in Switzerland, the EU and the USA, which are under strict confidentiality obligations and are obliged to protect data privacy to the same extent as we ourselves.
Collecting of personal data when visiting our website
If you merely use this website for informational purposes, we will only collect your personal data that is transferred by your browser to our server. We collect online properties, identification data, professional life data, personal life data, connection data and localization data (including IP addresses), which is technically necessary for us to show you our website and ensure security and stability. The data collected is not linked to or stored with any personal data.
We evaluate the IP addresses together with other data, in case of attacks on our infrastructure or where unauthorized or abusive use of our website is suspected, for the purpose of intelligence and protection, and if appropriate, used in criminal proceedings for identification and civil and criminal proceedings against the relevant users. This is our legitimate interest in the processing of data in the sense of the relevant laws.
Our website provider is Blokhaus Inc, who uses Amazon Web Services as a hosting provider, Cloudflare as content distribution network and Google Inc. as analytics provider. The transfer of data is for the purpose of providing and maintaining the functionality of our website.
Collecting of personal data when signing up for the Newsletter
When signing up for the Newsletter on our website, you need to enter your email address.
You must enter the email address voluntarily, in order for us to be able to contact. Therefore, the processing of this data is in our legitimate interest in accordance in the sense of the relevant laws